You are here
SENIOR RESEARCH FELLOW - BIOSTATISTICIAN
UNIVERSITY CENTRE FOR RURAL HEALTH NORTH COAST
SYDNEY SCHOOL OF PUBLIC HEALTH
SYDNEY MEDICAL SCHOOL
REFERENCE NO. 2527/1113
Open to current University of Sydney employees only.
• Opportunity to utilise your expertise in biostatistics and health research
• Work in a multidisciplinary centre of excellence in education and research
• Part-time (0.1FTE) fixed term to 30 Nov 2014, remuneration package: Base salary $111K-$128K pro-rata, plus leave loading and up to 17% superannuation
The University of Sydney is Australia's first university and has an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. It employs over 7300 permanent staff, supporting over 50,000 students. The University Centre for Rural Health North Coast (UCRH) is a collaboration of the University of Sydney and Southern Cross University supported by the Australian Government Department of Health and Ageing and the Northern NSW Local Health District. Universities of Wollongong and Western Sydney entered the partnership with the Commonwealth for a program supporting “long stay” medical students. The UCRH provides a multidisciplinary centre of excellence in education of students for clinical practice in rural health and conduct research relevant to the health needs of rural communities situated within the Northern Rivers region of NSW and elsewhere.
We are seeking to appoint a Senior Research Fellow (Biostatistician) to liaise and work with a team of researchers at the UCRH to:
• provide high level biostatistical and research design advice for a range of epidemiological projects
• provide biostatistical advice and training to higher degree students and researchers
• conduct statistical analysis for research and evaluation studies
• write up research results, prepare research papers and reports for publication
• apply for research funding as a lead investigator and in collaboration with other researchers.
To be considered for this position it is essential that you address the online selection criteria. For guidance on how to apply visit: How to apply for an advertised position.
Specific enquiries regarding the role may be directed to A/Prof Geoff Morgan 02 6620 7570. General enquiries regarding the recruitment process may be directed to Julie Small, Lead Recruitment Consultant on 02 8627 1223.
CLOSING DATE: 5 March 2014 (11.00pm Sydney Time)
The University is an equal opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion. Applications from equity target groups and women are encouraged. The University of Sydney has also established a scheme to increase the number of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff employed across the institution. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Further details here